Memorykeeping | Confirmation and how I use sketches



I have only been working with sketches for a year or so, but I find myself following the same process over and over. I thought I´d share that today. 

* The first thing that draws me to a sketch is that it is fairly clean and simple, since that is more my own style.

* The second thing is that I usually have to convert the sketch from a 12x12" to 8.5x11" (or actually A4) which is the size I scrap.


* Then usually I draw my own sketch from what I see my adaption will be. I always have an idea of which story/photo I´ll use for each sketch. This way I can work with several layouts/sketches at the same time. 

* And then, lastly, I just start working on my layout like I would normally do: background - patterned paper - journaling - embellishments 


Here is an example. This is a sketch (one of many great ones!) in the BPC class Sketch Solutions. As you can see I made a super simple sketch myself using it and all along I had my photos sitting beside me at the table. 


And here is the finished page. This is one of my very favorite sketches as you can change it up using 1-2-3-4 photos or perhaps change one or several spots for PL cards or such.

So there you have it!

Comments

Popular Posts