WCS | September gallery

Happy September and happy month of Back to school! I love school and especially the first day when I always was so eager and organized ;) That didn´t always last the first term, but it did make me very happy! One of my favorite movie line is from You´ve got mail when Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan´s character) writes to her secret mail buddy: 

“Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”

Ah, it makes me giddy!

The September gallery at WCS is Back to school themed! Yay! I shared two pages this month.



I love that we drove through the little town where my very first school is this summer. I haven´t been there for like 10 years! 

I remember just a few things about my first school. I remember it being large, but it really wasn´t. I remember my first classroom where 2 grades attended. I remember a boy liked me so much that the teacher just had to place us together, so that he´d concentrate. I remember repeating the same letter in different ways until we learned them. I remember how heavy the front door was. I remember the Christmas show we put on. 

I used Amy Tangerine´s stitch templates for this and it is so much fun! 


This layout is a timeline with a photo of my daughters first day of first grade and her first day of nineth grade. I just wanted to have the two photos on the same layout as a comparison, so I just added scraps of paper and labels between them. Sometimes it is fun to make a layout without writing an important story, but just to play with paper! And how fun is it to be able to use some great scraps from cute patterned paper when you play!

Now skip over to WCS and see more back to school pprojects in the new gallery!

Comments

Popular Posts