Capturing Beauty - a photography collab!



I am excited to share a fun project that start next week! It is a photography collaboration between me and one of my long time blogging friends Amy Bramer. Let me give you some background!
I love this quote from the book “A year of mornings” by Maria Alexandra Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes

“Indeed, that is at the very core of the blogging world – the random, anonymous vastness of the internet distilled down to endless, overlapping communities of like-minded souls.”

I love the community of blogs and Instagram. I have connected with so many like-minded people through these mediums and especially through photography. It makes me happy that the world got smaller since the internet makes us so close. I am an everyday kind of photographer both because I love the documenting aspect of it and also since I like to see the simple, beautiful things in everyday situations.

Reading the blog behind the book “A year of mornings” where two friends who live far apart, but still share their everyday with each other through photographs, and about other projects like that I got inspired to try it myself. So, I reached out to Amy who is a very talented photographer to ask if she would be up for a collaboration in October. She said yes!

So, for three weeks in October starting October 6th, we are taking separate photos around a prompt and then will be sharing one photo from each day together on Mondays. I am excited to see if/how our everyday looks alike, if our eyes focus on likely things.

We chose 3 weeklong prompts:
Week 1: mornings
Week 2: 12 o´clock noon
Week 3: night


As I said, we will be sharing our photos 7 by 7 alongside each other on Mondays so be sure to come back to see the first week on Monday October 13th. Come see us Capturing Beauty!

Comments

Popular Posts