October Memory keeping challenge: Re-scrap is back!


For two years (2012 and 2013) I had a personal scrapbooking challenge I called Re-Scrap. I wanted to make sure I did more layouts since I was in a rut. I decided to look back into my finsihed albums and pick out three older pages that I liked and use them as inspiration for three new ones each month. That way I knew I would atleast have 3 new pages done every month! I really like the challenge and as I said, did this for two straight years. That gave me 72 new scrapbook pages.

This project also made me more conscious of which stories I wanted to scrapbook. I don´t know why, maybe because I already had the design and could focus more on the actual stories.


In August I posted 10 oldies but goldies on my blog after being challenged to show 10 of my favorite scrapbooking pages and something sparked inside me. I decided to wake the challenge up again and Re-scrap those 10 oldies but goldies in October. 

First I sketched them all out in my notebook. It is easier for me to keep track of everything if it is in my notebook in which I write everyday and can easily bring with me. 


I then choose the stories and photos that would fit on which page. I just stuck a post it note on the back of the photos with the sketches number and got started. I am not kidding when I say that I did 5 of these straight away! It made me happy to work like this again!

I am going to share all the finished pages later this month! I am so excited!

Comments

Popular Posts