WCS | Mixing patterns

Note! This post was written for WCS.

When we came up with this week´s theme: mixing patterns, I hesitated for a second. Seeing that my last pages have exactly 1 patterned paper in between them, you can say that I am a bit challenged with them. But then again, I do love a good challenge! So mixing patterns it is! 
As I mentioned before, I am not big on using many patterned papers on my pages. But when I do, I rarely use them as backgrounds (even if it has happened!). I rather use my circle punch to get smaller pieces of the papers. Today I want to show you two ways I like to mix patterns (read: use patterned papers) on my pages. 



As much as I love the warmth and sunshine of summer, I do love the first frost. So, ofcourse I wanted to make a page about that! For my page I have used, wait for it, SIX different patterned papers! Yay! I used the papers that came in my Gossamer Blue Christmas kit for the letters of my title. I love how they went great with the wooden pattern of the paper I used as my mat. 


Again, I handcut the letters and it doesn´t bother me if they are uneven or anything. I usually use my craft knife to rough up the edges after cutting them too. 


This page shows just how many patterned papers my creative mind can handle on one page! Ha! I dived into my scrap paper bin for this one. This is a great way to use up all those pieces that are leftovers from other projects that I always save. I used the photo as my color scheme and added the aqua because it goes so well with red. So I cut all my strips and lined them up in the order I wanted and added a piece of tape to the back so that I only needed to adhere one bigger piece and not every strip indivdually. I am really pleased with how it turned out!

How about you? Are you a patterned paper lover? Do you hoard pretty paper or actually use them? Please tell me in the comments!
Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts