Skip to main content

OLW 2016 | Alive


Hi! As the new year starts I am also starting a new project. This year I am playing along with Ali Edward´s One little word.  I have used the idea of having a word of the year before, but haven´t worked as methodical with it like I intend to do this year.

When I went about choosing my word I first thought I wanted to use energy. As a person suffering from cronical tiredness energy is something I think about a lot. I want to work towards more energy. But then I came upon an online thessaurus  and what it does is it allows you to type in one word and you get several synonyms. Long story short, I am going with alive. I want to not only exsist, but to be alive, have more energy, experience things, adventure, say yes and to be excited and see the positive.
Wow, that is huge, right?! Well, I am really hoping to work on this from different angles.

Ali used a quote in here album that goes like this:

"I want to die living and I want to be remembered as one who lived with purpose, joy and feeling. 
I want to spend my time learning what goes into a whole and happy life and then building that life the best I can." - Steve Goodier

I was going to use another quote to start of with, but when I read this it all resonated with my so much.

I will be sharing my pages and process on my word every month. You are welcome to come along for the ride!

____________________________________

A word to focus on, to live with, to investigate, to write about, to craft with, and to reflect upon as I goes about my daily life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory keeping | Autumn TN 02

If you´d like to see my first few pages in my Autumn mini, just click here

I am still working away in my Autumn travelers notebook. I have enjoyed to add bits and pieces and stories about some of my favorite things about fall. I will go on in November and then start my annual Christmas mini at the start of December. 


Quotes are one of my favorite things to include in my memory keeping projects, so it is no suprise that I have quite a few in here. 



I will use most of the remaining pages for my 30 day gratitude project that I do every year with the grand finale of Thankgiving at the end of the month. 
I have a question, if you are one who makes traveler notebooks, how do you store them when they are done?


Memory keeping | December mini 2016 - 6 past favorites

Three years ago, when my fiancé and me celebrated our first December together, I started a December minibook. It´s a 6x8 binder from Simple Stories with pocket pages. I decided that I´ll have three years worth of December memories in this mini. So this year marks the last one being documented in this book. I am not doing anything daily (as in the December Daily project that Ali Edwards do) and since I do Project Life every week this album is all about our December traditions and sometimes I do have double recordings, but for me it is all ok. What I have felt special about working in my December mini is that I go all in with glitter, cheesy wordings etc. It´s fun! I fitted 3 years of Decembers in one album and this year I am getting a new album, but will still do the same thing.

Today I thought I´d share a few favorite pages and elements from the past 3 years before I start the new album.


1. I really like that I have included the things I have been inspired by every year. I take a screen…

Kellie Stamps CT 2016 | November

I'm so happy about the re-release of two alpha sets this month from Kellie Stamps! Slim Jim is a set I use all the time for all kinds of projects. 

Here is a new page I did for the re-release.

I've been so inspired by fellow team member Diane and her awesome traveller notebooks lately. She often creates backgrounds using her alpha stamps, so I lifted her and made this background for my layout. I very rarely use any other color than black to stamp with, but after using this blue/teal Ink I may have to start. 

Since my love is worse in his MS his wheelchair is a must. We are that couple that hold hands a lot and that is something I miss. But when the road is a tiny bit downhill we totally hold & roll :)