The Nerd Nest | Daily challenge unit

As you might know I am a creative team member over at The Nerd Nest this year for the montly challenges. I have been very inspired by the themes so far! Megan, of The Nerd Nest, also teach a year long online class called Pocket Your Year which is a pocket scrapbooking class with monthly units/prompts. On August 15th she kicked of an entire month of daily challenges for the class and as CT members we could contribute to a challenge of two. I chose one that went live this past Monday which was about making a pocket spread about a hobby. 


As you also might know, I have perhaps too many hobbies ;) But I chose to make this spread about a fairly new one, knitting. I learned to knit just a year or so ago and it has been so much fun to try things out. I am far, very far, from a great knitter but I feel more confident now and know how to correct errors and to experiment a bit. And as I always have to have a project in my hands while TV watching at night, knitting has been a great company to my usual crochet. 
You can see that I used a blue tone to the spread and took that out of the photos my love snapped of me and my recent projects. I tried to balance the darker right side with a more white spaced left side in the spread.

Thanks for popping in!


Comments

  1. Super cute! My grandmother used to knit and I remember her trying to teach my stubborn little nine year old self. I miss her and I wish I had learned more when she was trying to teach me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts