Memory keeping | My hybrid process

For as long as I can remember I am have been a hybrid scrapbooker. What is hybrid you ask. Well, for me hybrid is a mix between digital scrapbooking and physical. I often use digital products in my memory keeping but I am not at all a digital scrapbooker. 
I do however use digital tools a lot. I use Word for journaling and to print out cards for my Project Life spreads. Often I buy sets of digital elements and make my own cards using the elements. For this you could use Photoshop, but I don´t have that so I use the online tool Pic Monkey  for all my digital needs. I can change colors on digital stamps and add elements to cards for example and edit photos ofcourse. 

For my Project Life spreads that I make every week, I have bought and downloaded a few kits with about 35 cards in each set. I love to have them digitally because I can just print out as many as I´d like and I can also alter them a little if I´d like as I mentioned above. I know many people who also type their journaling on their computer and then just print the card out, bam done! 

Now, there aren´t just digital stuff to buy. I often find freebies online and search Pinterest for specific things for certain projects. The vintage flowers in the page above are free images from Pinterest that I re-sized and printed. 

Now that I have started scrapbooking in a notebook size I have loved to use digital papers becuase they are so easily modified to fit the size I need. 

I am still working on finding the very best way to store my hybrid embellishments. For now I store the bits and pieces that I have printed and cut out in this multi dish. I opted to store them by color just because that is often how I search for things. I have gotten the question a few times since I first posted this: yes I do hand cut/fussy cut everything since I don't have a cutting machine. 

I also have a binder with page protectors with the stuff I haven´t cut out yet. Often when I get a new digital kit I like to print out my favorites (if not the entire kit) to have as a reminder. 
For someone that do have a quite big stash already, a few digital kits don´t take up any space other than a few spots in my multi dish when I print them. Using digital products also allows me to do some quick shopping when I see something I know I´d really get a good use from. 

How about you, are you a hybrid scrapbooker?

Comments

  1. So much fun to hear about your process... your pages are always so perfectly simple and awesome. Also, Marie's kids call their other grandma Mormor, as BJ's side of the family is Swedish : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am totally a hybrid scrapper. I prefer the look of printed journaling. And I am just starting to experiment with text on photos. I've done one project life album, and I am really in love with traveler's notebooks at the moment. The small pages and so quick to put together. Love your use of florals! So pretty!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts