Skip to main content

Studio Forty CT | Two quick layouts

Hi there! A while back I made two quick pages in my TN with Studio Forty products and I thought I´d share them here today!



For this first layout I used my watercolors to make a background. It is one of my favorite ways to play with watercolors! I don´t use a ton of mixed media in my scrapbooks but a little color is always fun!





I use a few different ways to watercolor a background. This time I used my acrylic stamping block. I just painted with a few different shades of green on the block and then pressed it down on my page. I did this a few times until I was saticfied with the shades. Try it, it´s fun!


Be sure you let it dry before you stamp or write on it!



For this page I used the YAY stamp from the Wow coffee set. It is so fun! I knew I wanted the stamp as my title so I made sure it aligned right under my photo.


I also wanted to quickly reveal how I do my journaling whenever I want to write straight into my TN. Since the text is the last thing I add on my layouts I wouldn´t want to ruin the whole thing with something being misspelled or wonky, so I handwrite with a pencil first making sure it is just as I´d like it and then I just write with my black journaling pen over that. I usually wait a few hours before erasing the pencil lines since it is so easy to smudge the black ink. 




Here is my second page for today! As you can see it is another very simple one.



I wanted to create a border with my stamp this time. I used one of the leafs in the Botanicals set for this. 


When I do borders, I always have a scrap piece of paper underneath so that it is ok for the stamp to flow over the edge. I hope that you´ll try this technique because it is so much fun! 


I also wanted to  make a small embellishment using the same leaf stamp, so I used a green scrap piece of patterned paper for this. Then I just fussy cut the leaf out and used 3d foam to adhere it.




In between these two layouts I made a shaker page with sequins. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory keeping | Autumn TN 02

If you´d like to see my first few pages in my Autumn mini, just click here

I am still working away in my Autumn travelers notebook. I have enjoyed to add bits and pieces and stories about some of my favorite things about fall. I will go on in November and then start my annual Christmas mini at the start of December. 


Quotes are one of my favorite things to include in my memory keeping projects, so it is no suprise that I have quite a few in here. 



I will use most of the remaining pages for my 30 day gratitude project that I do every year with the grand finale of Thankgiving at the end of the month. 
I have a question, if you are one who makes traveler notebooks, how do you store them when they are done?


Memory keeping | December mini 2016 - 6 past favorites

Three years ago, when my fiancé and me celebrated our first December together, I started a December minibook. It´s a 6x8 binder from Simple Stories with pocket pages. I decided that I´ll have three years worth of December memories in this mini. So this year marks the last one being documented in this book. I am not doing anything daily (as in the December Daily project that Ali Edwards do) and since I do Project Life every week this album is all about our December traditions and sometimes I do have double recordings, but for me it is all ok. What I have felt special about working in my December mini is that I go all in with glitter, cheesy wordings etc. It´s fun! I fitted 3 years of Decembers in one album and this year I am getting a new album, but will still do the same thing.

Today I thought I´d share a few favorite pages and elements from the past 3 years before I start the new album.


1. I really like that I have included the things I have been inspired by every year. I take a screen…

Kellie Stamps CT 2016 | November

I'm so happy about the re-release of two alpha sets this month from Kellie Stamps! Slim Jim is a set I use all the time for all kinds of projects. 

Here is a new page I did for the re-release.

I've been so inspired by fellow team member Diane and her awesome traveller notebooks lately. She often creates backgrounds using her alpha stamps, so I lifted her and made this background for my layout. I very rarely use any other color than black to stamp with, but after using this blue/teal Ink I may have to start. 

Since my love is worse in his MS his wheelchair is a must. We are that couple that hold hands a lot and that is something I miss. But when the road is a tiny bit downhill we totally hold & roll :)