On my needles | Right now



I have found that besides memory keeping I really do love to knit and crochet! I have for a while now and the passion just grows with time and the new skills I learn. For a long time I only did crochet and learned that myself through tutorials and videos online. In 2015 I taught myself to knit too and it opened a whole other world. This year I think has been a year where I have grown more confident in my knitting. I have tried patterns with more than just the knit and purl stitches (although you can get really far with just those two!).


I do however crochet almost as much as I knit and here are some of the projects I have made lately. Above you can see both the doily I made for our wedding and a simple granny square pillowcase. 


Since I am pretty confident with my crochet, I didn´t use any pattern for any of these. I just made it up as I went :) The last one here is a project that I made first by cutting apart a T-shirt dress and a pair of leggings. From the yarn I made this project bag to hold my yarn projects on the go.


I have mostly used quite cheap yarn, but this summer I bought this gorgeous hand dyed yarn online and I never want to use anything else! 


With it I knitted the Ardent shawl by one of my favorite pattern makes Woolenberry. I love that the pattern had some lace parts that showed of the beautiful yarn.



The one thing I am over the moon about



In the beginning of the year a friend asked if I´d like to test knit a pattern of hers. I was a bit nervous, but I am so happy that I did! 


This is the Ferry lights shawl and at that point was the most difficult pattern I had tried. But I had no problems with it and learned a lot! 


I´m so happy that I used a corrugated yarn for this shawl!



I loved how simple but effective this pattern was from Vicarno. As I said before, if you only know how to single and double chrochet you can totally make this summer top!


By now I have started and finished another shawl and have started my third pair of socks :)


Comments

Popular Posts